Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 February 2014

A good week of confidence building

Its Sunday and I have just had a skype chat with Maria about how my week has been. I have managed to do some laughter exercises a least once a day and practised my breathing also.  I have a new laugh which I use when I get some numb nut cutting me up...its my version of Ace Ventura Pet Detective's famous sayings 'ALRIGHTY THEN' and 'REHEEEEERLY' see you tube for examples lol :)

Click to see Ace Ventura :) Alrighty Then

Click to see Ace Ventura :D Reheeeeerly

Also this week I was forced out of my comfort zone back to a place I have not been to for years...let me explain further...
Years ago I worked for a well know bank in IT support, and for many years was involved in training people in the use of new systems.  I loved the confidence I got from this job and the buzz and adrenaline rush I got from speaking to these groups of people and going around to different places in the UK to deliver support.  Since becoming a mum and changing direction in career I have lost a massive amount of my confidence, and this week made me realise how stir crazy I am becoming.  I can not complain about my current job because I have been given the opportunity to become a fully qualified tech, but deep down I know I need variety....sorry I will get to this weeks highlight....I was asked to speak out to a room full of people about a new system we have be using at work and lets just say I absolutely loved the feeling I got from doing this. Its hard to put into words how much more confident I felt afterwards, and the feeling of self worth but now I want more of this.  I was chatting to Maria about this on skype and she took  pictures of me smiling about it.  Here they are....excuse the scraped back hair...after all it is Sunday :D Much love, Amanda xxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment